Cheryl Wood, DVM, DACVIM, Board Certified Veterinary Internist
* Achieved Diplomate Status of the ACVIM Small Animal Internal Medicine in 2015
* Private practice SAIM Residency with BluePearl Kansas City
* Internship with VCA Mission Animal Referral and Emergency Center in Mission, KS
* Doctorate from Oklahoma State University in 2008
* Undergraduate degree in Animal Science from Oklahoma State University in 2005
Dr. Wood is well versed in providing educational lectures to DVMs and veterinary nurses over the past 10 years. In addition, she has published a paper on steam disinfection to help provide research to combat the ever-growing problem with antibiotic resistance. Her professional interests include:
* Gastrointestinal disease
* Management of Chronic kidney disease
* Immune-mediated diseases
* Hepatic disease
Originally from the North Texas area, Dr. Wood is excited to be back home with her husband, son, and two dogs (Maverick and Zooey). In her spare time, you can find her drinking wine, attending outdoor concerts, cooking, or riding horses.
Dr. Wood wanted to be a veterinarian ever since she was 5 years old. She possesses the compassion and empathy to connect to her clients when their furry family members are sick. She is most rewarded when a pet leaves the hospital with a wagging tail.