Dallas Veterinary Specialists is a specialty practice of board-certified doctors specializing in internal medicine and dermatology. We assess, diagnose and treat:
- Complex cases
- Second opinion or inconclusive diagnoses
- Unresolved or worsening medical conditions
- Advanced care veterinary medicine cases
We recognize that you, the family veterinarian, are the cornerstone of your patient's health and well-being. Working collaboratively with you to develop a proactive patient care plan, our entire team will provide cutting-edge diagnostics and therapeutic or surgical procedures. Should you or a third-party veterinarian wish to observe a procedure, we can accommodate you.
While we are caring for your pet, all of us will take pains to communicate with you and your client respectfully, compassionately and comprehensively. With our combined efforts, we will keep you up-to-date on the pet's progress so that follow-up in your practice dovetails with our efforts.
Dallas Veterinary Specialists are accessible to you for consultations about your case. We consider you an integral part of the referral-to-recovery process because the goals you have for your patient correlate directly to ours.
We thank you in advance for your confidence in us.
- To practice excellent, advanced care medicine by board-certified veterinarians
- To employ skilled, seasoned staff who provide uncompromising levels of patient and client care
- To utilize current, state-of-the-art techniques and equipment
- To practice ethically by making the right choices for the right reasons
- To be financially responsible by making cost effective and prudent medical decisions
- To be accountable for our actions
- To be ethically bound and obligated to serve your patient only for the designated referral purpose; clients are so advised upon admission and discharge
- To be a positive reflection on you, the referring veterinarian, and your practice
- To deliver premier service to your clients and the best possible veterinary medicine to your patients
- To communicate with you in a timely and thorough way by nurturing a team-oriented relationship with you
Doctors at Dallas Veterinary Specialists are eagerly participating in an externship program to develop talent in the next generation of veterinarians.
The 2-4 week program is designed for 3rd or 4th year veterinary college students who are completing, or have completed, clinical rotations in small animal practice, surgery and anesthesia. Externs can:
- Obtain real-world, hands-on experience
- Use state-of-the-art equipment
- Apply current techniques
- Work side-by-side with highly-trained specialists and support staff to achieve positive medical outcomes and give excellent patient care
- Learn the business of veterinary practice
Housing, if necessary, can be provided, and placements may be available at:
- Dallas Veterinary Specialists
- Hillside Veterinary Clinic
- Abrams Forest Veterinary Clinic
- Preston Royal Animal Clinic
- Canyon Creek Animal Clinic
- Prestonwood Pet Clinic
- Rowlett Veterinary Clinic
- Liberty Grove Animal Hosptial
- Town East Animal Hospital