REferrals-referring veterinarians & self-referrals
Doctor: With the objective of transparency in our relationship, we would like you to know how we explain the referral process to a pet owner.
Our staff would like to make your experience at Dallas Veterinary Clinic as seamless and stress-free as possible, so let us explain what you can expect.
1. DVS accepts patients by both other practicing veterinarians and self-referrals. Once our services are completed, your family veterinarian again becomes your pet's practitioner. If being referred by a veterinarian or if self-referral, we will need your pet's medical history and previous x-rays, CT scans, blood tests, etc. (Pertinent data may be emailed, faxed, mailed, or brought to the clinic in person.)
2. Please call 214-828-5800 to schedule an appointment. If you are unable to keep an appointment for any reason we request that you notify us as soon as possible.
3. It may be necessary for your pet to be fasted prior to his/her appointment, we will give you specific instructions prior to your arrival.
4. At your first visit, check-in at the front desk. You may anticipate a 60-minute appointment. You and your pet will then be escorted to an exam room to meet with our board-certified veterinarian.
5. After a physical exam; review of the documentation concerning your pet's health status; and a conversation with you about your concerns and your animal's previous experiences or problems, we will provide you with a treatment plan, based on the findings and recommendations of the doctor.
6. After considering your options, you decide to proceed with treatment, you will be asked to sign a consent form, along with a CPR/DNR form for treatment/hospitalization/surgery, just as in hospitals for people.
7. We accept credit cards (MasterCard, VISA, American Express and Discover), care credit, and cash. Surgeries require a deposit of 80%. The balance of the bill is due at the time of your pet's discharge.